The Atompub protocol specifies operations for publishing and editing Resources using HTTP. The protocol supports the creation of Web resources and provides facilities for:
- Collections: Sets of Resources, which can be retrieved in whole or in part. Collections are represented as Atom Feeds.
- Services: Discovery and description of Collections.
- Editing: Creating, editing, and deleting Resources.
- A network-accessible data object or service identified by an IRI
- An Internationalized Resource Identifier. Before an IRI found in a document is used by HTTP, the IRI is first converted to a URI.
Atompub is different from many contemporary protocols in that the server is given wide latitude in processing requests from clients.
This project uses Atompub for internal storage of Atom entries. We do not envisage a public interface using Atompub at this point.